Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week Sixteen!

Week sixteen means I am getting ever larger. But still feeling cute!

Not so bad from the front

Definite baby bump from the side. Shirt: Motherhood, $26.98

Sorry for the wrinkles. I'm terrible at putting laundry away and just pulled this out of the bottom of a laundry basket this morning.

This week, the babies are the size of avocados. Which is pretty cool, because I love avocados. Especially when wrapped in bacon. But I digress...


Together, they weigh about a half a pound. This explains why I seem to be gaining weight this week (finally)! I think I'm up nearly 10 pounds now. Phew. And today I actually feel hungry, rather than apathetic. Progress!

So, this week the babies' ears are developed enough that they can start to hear my voice. I imagine I sound like the adults on the Peanuts cartoons.

They say (whoever "they" are) that if I read them a book repeatedly throughout the rest of pregnancy, that after they are born, they will recognize the book when I read it to them and it can be comforting to them because it is familiar. They obviously won't understand the words, but they will recognize the ebb and flow of it as long as I read it the same way. I think I'm going to pick this book:


I used to love when my mom read it to me as a kid (and, not going to lie, even when I was sick in high school). She would quack and honk and it made me laugh every time. My copy is old and falling apart, but I'm hoping my kids will love it too. And sadly they don't print it anymore.

The babies are also developing their scalp patterns, even though they might not be growing hair quite yet. So if one of them is going to have a cowlick, it's being set in stone this week. Both Blue and I have cowlicks, so I think our kids are pretty much doomed. They are also growing their teeny tiny toenails. Which we are going to color code with nail polish to tell them apart, if they look super alike as babies.

Speaking of nail polish, I did my own toenails in bright pink Monday night. I figure soon I won't be able to reach (or see) my feet, so I might as well do it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment