Friday, June 22, 2012

Faith in Humanity

You may have seen the link to Buzzfeeds "21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity" in your emails or on your Facebook News Feeds. If not, go here. It's pretty much awesome, and got me all teary eyed. Many of my friends also felt weepy, and they're not pregnant, so it's not just the hormones talking.

Well, I'd like to add to the list. I don't have photo evidence, however. Every day this week, someone on the subway has offered me their seat within seconds of me boarding the train. I didn't even try to make myself look pathetic, just started reading my magazine, and whomever I was standing in front of would offer. I turned one woman down because I felt odd about it, and tried to turn another woman down again today. But she insisted, so I took it.

One trend I am noticing: It's more often women than men offering me their seat. I'm not sure what this means, but I'm going to pay attention to it as a sort of social experiment. Maybe men are afraid of offending me if I'm not actually pregnant?

The next step is to see if this advertising campaign was effective:


I'm a little nervous to try this one out, since I pretty much fear wearing Red Sox gear in the city. But I hope no one follows this advice. That would destroy just a bit of my faith in New Yorkers that has so recently been built up.

And I guess this means I finally look definitively pregnant, at least to women!

No comments:

Post a Comment