Friday, January 11, 2013

The Big Nursery Reveal

It took me a while, but I finally photographed our nursery! I hope you enjoy and that it was worth the wait!


A built-in bookcase was converted into basket storage, which is where all their clothes, bath stuff, things like thermometers and teething rings, and small toys go.  Baskets, Container Store.

The changing table is a DaVinci Emily in Cherry from Target.

The knobs are from Anthropologie, although I don't see them on their website. They reminded me of hot air balloons, plus they were in our third color--green, so I splurged on these at $12 each. Don't tell Blue.

We used to have a glider in here (see this post) but that now lives happily downstairs. My dad bought us this great chair from Target that takes up less space and allows easier access to the baskets.

The pillow on said chair was made by my aunt, who also did the hot air balloon, curtain, and crib skirts.




At the other end of the room are the cribs. They are DaVinci Alpha from Target or Babies R Us. So far the babies sleep together in the one on the left and we keep extra blankets in the other one. It also tends to turn into a drying rack for bibs and burp cloths in the middle of the night.

Rug is from Overstock.com and is sooo soft on your feet.

Crib skirts are custom, by my aunt.

Travel-sized sleep giraffe can be found just about anywhere.



This balloon you already know from my previous post.



At center is the artwork that really started me off on the elephants and hot air balloons thing. I just absolutely love it. It's called "Flight of the Elephants" by Terry Fan.

Clockwise from top left: card from my bridal shower; the sleep giraffe again; tub full of books; more awesome artwork I couldn't resist that was purchased on Etsy; custom curtain; tub of books and custom crib skirt; hot air balloon; and what's under the window, which includes Arm & Hammer diaper pail (we love it but you have to be gentle... we just bought our second one because someone ::ahem:: got too aggressive with the last one), Crane Drop Shape humidifier for their stuffy noses, and a Sweet Jojo hamper (which despite claims that it is machine washable and dryable will in fact shrink if you do so. My mom fought to get it back on its frame. I also have a changing pad cover in this zigzag pattern).



Most of the stuff in this collage was bought for our kiddos for Christmas or at my showers. From top left: adorable and soft animals sit atop a stack of books I picked out and adore; yes the crib is super close to the shelving and yes this will be a problem as they get bigger but hopefully we won't be in this house then; Mickey Mouse stuffed animal that belonged to my brother and then to me as a child (I distinctly remember my grandmother sewing up his back because he got a hole and was leaking the pellets that he's stuffed with. I also chewed all the black off the tip of his nose.); Velveteen Rabbit is new but the two bears were given to me by Blue our first Valentine's Day together (we were technically together the previous Valentine's Day but I was studying abroad so we were 3000 miles apart); fun toys to play with; a full shot of the shelves is only possible by moving a crib. Center: more toys and books!

As you can see, Indigo and Periwinkle are living it up in style with lots of toys to play with and books to read as they get older. I usually grab a book out of the tub to read to them before bed. Dr. Seuss books are way longer than I remember!

Please let me know what you think in the comments. I worked hard on both the nursery and this post so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sorry my blog format doesn't allow me to make these collages bigger, but I'll work on that!

Edited to add a photo I forgot! My mom did a custom decoupage switchplate cover that she designed on the computer, compiling several ideas I liked from other artwork:

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is really AMAZING! I absolutely love it! I could never pull something together like this! I love how you have such a variety of things (old and new, home-made and store bought) but yet they all fit together so perfect. You are awesome! And the blog...well its great too! Love the groups od pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! The babies must love their awesome room. Makes me feel very inadequate :)

    ReplyDelete