Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Little Things Thursdays: Week 1


Inspired by Rebecca of A Beautiful Ruckus, I'm going to try to start posting about the little things each week that bring me happiness. So often it's not the big events in life that add up to feeling happy (although vacations to Europe and winning the lottery would be welcomed if you're offering), but the small things. When I was younger, I used to absolutely love running out to get the mail. Heck, it's still an exciting part of my day, especially when I actually get real mail. Sadly, no mail for us today. I checked four times. Each time, so full of hope and anticipation!

So, in that spirit, here are five little things that made me happy this week.

#1. Indigo smiling more often. I can't get over how much his face changes and just how happy he looks. When he's happy, I'm happy. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to capture this smile on "film" yet, so no photo of this little thing.

#2. Feeling healthy. I've been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and as much as it hurts, it feels great! I missed feeling active, instead of just a blob of pregnant lady. We'll see if it's helping when I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Saturday. I've also been eating better and tracking everything again. Just knowing I have to input it into my phone makes me think twice. In fact, I discovered a great new meal at Chili's: Margarita Chicken! I need to learn how to make it at home!

Not sure I'll end up looking this good, but I'll take what I can get!

#3 People telling me how cute my kids are. I think they are, but it's nice to have that validated by other people.

We went for a walk yesterday, and they were actually awake for once!

#4 Hot showers. Need I say more?

#5 New recipes. Always good to mix things up! We've tried a few from Our Life in the Kitchen, a blog I'm going to need to follow more closely, methinks! Tonight I made Pork and Rigatoni with Onions. I wasn't sure as I was making it, but it turned out amazing and is definitely being added to our roster of meals to choose from. Next time I will probably reduce the butter to make it a bit healthier, and I didn't put cheese on it, as Blue doesn't like cheese (I know, I know, weirdo). Here's a picture of the version on the blog:

ourlifeinthekitchen.com
Feel free to share your little things in the comments!

A fun side note: Baby farts sound really funny when they are in the Ergo.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing about your Ergo comment! I have yet to notice this, but will be paying attention from now on. LOL!

    ReplyDelete