Monday, March 11, 2013

Sleep Training Update

So we're plugging along on the sleep training front. Daylight Savings Time didn't seem to cause too big of a setback, to our relief.

Periwinkle seems to have taken to the earlier bedtime just fine, and last night slept from about 8:30pm to 4am, then from 4:45am to 7:30am, with some fussy noises towards the end.

Her brother, however, has taken to screaming bloody murder at bedtime, totally ruining my rendition of "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. Last night I had to take him downstairs, undo the Woombie, rock him, sing to him again, and hold him upright just to get him to calm down.

I then brought him upstairs to our room, gradually moving him into a more horizontal position (too quickly and he was on to me and began screaming again). I laid him on our bed and he didn't start yelling. Progress! I zipped him back into the Woombie. Still good. Then I picked him up and held him for a few more minutes before putting him back down in his crib in the nursery, awake but calm. Success! It took less time than the previous evening, when he finally settled after an hour and an extra 2oz bottle.

I'm guessing it's all a result of the many changes over the past week: Woombie, separate cribs, 7oz per feeding instead of 6oz, and the much-earlier bedtime. I'm hoping tonight his freakout lasts even less time!

You want me to do what?

No comments:

Post a Comment