Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Babies Are Growing!


Today I was told I have a "model cervix." Umm, thank you, I guess? I'm holding steady at 3.4cm, which is great news. Apparently I am so easy to measure they had two people in training try to measure too, with great success. Awesome. And awkward.

But then we moved on to measuring the babies. Baby A (below) is 1 pound, 12 ounces. Baby A will be over two pounds the next time I go in for growth scans. Baby A is in the 48th percentile for growth, right in the middle where baby should be!  Baby A looks like it has a really weird chin. Hoping that's not an issue, but no one has mentioned it to me so it must just be a weird image.


Baby B (no photo this week, sorry!) is 1 pound, 10 ounces, and is in the 37th percentile for growth. So both are right on track!

And I'm doing so well I don't need to go in for another check and ultrasound for three weeks, instead of the usual two! Yay!

Today I also had my glucose test. Basically I drank a little bottle of orange kool-aid (not really kool-aid) and then they drew blood an hour later to see how my body processed the sugar. It's to see if I have or am near getting gestational diabetes. I hope not! I'll find out by the end of the week how I did. If I failed this test, then I have to do a three-hour test, where I drink a bigger drink and then get my blood drawn hourly for three hours. Boo to that. So let's hope I passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment