Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Four Month Checkup

Yesterday was doctor day for the kiddos. They were not too happy about it, mainly because we had an appointment in the evening and it crossed into their witching hour when the only cure is napping. Lesson learned. Also, they were not fans of the shots. Periwinkle even debuted a new cry that closely resembled a car alarm. Needless to say, they were in bed earlier than normal, which was great, because it meant we went to bed before 11 for the first time in a LONG time. It was glorious. But I digress.

Indigo is now 13lb 5 oz and is 25 inches long. That means he's gained 8lb1oz and 6 inches since birth. Go Indigo!

Periwinkle is now 12lb 2.5oz and 23.5 inches long. That puts her up two pounds and 1.5 inches from last month, and 7lb 1.5oz and 4.5 inches from birth. We're so happy she's growing so well!

I missed the head circumferences due to Periwinkle's crying, sorry. Indigo still has a big head, though. That much is certain.

And I believe they are both around the 25th percentile for height/weight, which is good.

We were told that if they start seeming unsatisfied by formula, we can slowly introduce solids at this point. Part of me is tempted, but since they both seem okay with just bottles right now, I won't jump the gun. I'm excited to see how they react to food though. We'll be doing it in two months, at the latest, anyways, which is soon enough I guess.

Besides, do I really need mashed banana and avocado all over the living room right now? No. No, I definitely do not.

Our future. Times two.

1 comment:

  1. Buahaha, I feel the same way about solids. Why rush it?

    Shots are the worst. Kinley is such a trooper, though- my mom said she barely cried when they did hers. Proud.

    LOL on the car alarm cry. I know it well!

    ReplyDelete