Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dunkin Donuts Fail

Got some bad news this morning when I went to Dunkin Donuts to get my apple orchard donut (it's my latest obsession). They aren't selling them anymore! She tried to give me some excuse about seasons changing but hello, apple orchard = fall. It JUST became fall. Hence, apple orchard donuts should be available until December 21, no? I settled for a pumpkin donut, which was decent but did not taste like fall exploding in my mouth in delightful nuances of apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sigh. I am hoping it is just this store, as they usually have a fairly limited selection of donuts, or perhaps even just Manhattan, and that I will find my favorite donut to be available near my home. Mission for the weekend... hunt down apple orchard donuts! They pair so well with Dunkin's pumpkin coffee.



This feels like when Starbucks stopped offering Espresso Truffle coffee drinks, even in winter. I don't think I've been to a Starbucks since. That drink was heaven.

Dammit. Now I want an apple orchard donut AND an Espresso Truffle drink...

1 comment:

  1. I love Dunkin's Pumpkin coffee!!

    Starbuck's was out of Pumpkin Spice the other day and I almost left without getting anything. I had my heart set on the Pumpkin Spice! It should be illegal to deprive a pregnant woman or her dietary wishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete