Monday, October 8, 2012

33 Weeks!

Here we are at 33 weeks. Where did the last week go? Feeling somewhat re-energized after my self-imposed bedrest yesterday, but I still have a little case of the sniffles. I would much rather be in bed than at work, especially on a day we usually get off. However, this year Columbus Day was sacrificed so we could have Monday through Wednesday off the week of July 4th. I suppose I can't complain too much, except I'm much more in need of the time off now than I was in July. But I digress.

First, a shout out to Fuschia (my sister-in-law, remember?) who is celebrating her big 3-0 today. And an advance happy birthday to my brother (who did maternity pictures) who will be 32 on Wednesday! When I was little I used to swear I'd be older than him someday. I think I'm finally happy that isn't possible!

Here's a quick photo from the wedding we were at Saturday. I'm actually belly to belly with Blue's sister, who is expecting her third in March. I wasn't sure if she'd want her photo up here so I cropped her out. I'm so excited for our babies to grow up together!


Can I just say I'm loving my hair here? I used rollers for about a half an hour then hair sprayed the crap out of it and I had lovely waves all day. I should do that more often, because it really wasn't hard.

This week the babies are durians, which if I remember correctly are a really really stinky fruit. They also look quite terrifying.

thebump.com
They could grow up to an inch this week, and as we've seen in our growth checks, they gain about a half a pound each weekly. They keep their eyes open when awake, which is kind of cool. Their skin is becoming less translucent and is looking more like mine (to which Blue would laugh and say "But your skin IS translucent." I get it, I'm pale.) or Blue's (who is Mediterranean and thus a darker, olive tone).

I cannot wait to see who they look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment