Monday, October 15, 2012

Beware the Babysnatcher!

I'm one of those people who has somewhat irrational fears. The person walking behind me is always going to try to rob me. Trash bags on the side of the highway probably have dead bodies inside them. Things like that (thanks Mom). One of those fears this pregnancy has been of the woman who lost her baby and kidnaps me and takes mine. It happens on TV shows all the time! I just never imagined the would-be babysnatcher would be a two-and-a-half-year-old girl!

My sister-in-law, the one who is expecting her third child, emailed me a hilarious story today. Her daughter, whom we'll call Violet to keep with our color theme, desperately wanted her new sibling to be a girl. Despite being told by her mother that it was a boy, Violet didn't seem to process this information, until yesterday, to which she said "I told you I wanted a sister!" Like they could simply return the baby boy and switch for a sister. When told again that the baby would be a brother (yay, two brothers!), Violet told her mother, very matter-of-factly, "Aunt Red is having a girl. A boy and a girl. I'll take her girl." Because, you know, I've got a spare baby on my hands. Apparently my sister-in-law has talked her down to simply playing with my baby girl and helping to take care of her.

I can just imagine the look on her face as she thought through the problem (I want a sister) and came up with a solution (Aunt Red has an extra baby girl coming). Makes perfect sense! Future lawyer?

No comments:

Post a Comment