Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where to begin?

Well, about a month ago we found out we were having twins during my first ultrasound when my doctor gasped and said, "Oh no!"

Helpful, right? I immediately started thinking the baby had no heartbeat or some other abnormality and that all our hopes and dreams for the little bugger, which we had taken to calling "Bit," were down the tubes.

Thankfully that was not the case. The doctor continued:

"Here's baby A. And here's baby B."

And that's when the panicked nervous laughter began. It continued as we drove away. It continued as we stopped at McDonald's for a bite to eat and a small half-caf coffee for me. It continued as Blue pretended to get back to work and as I pretended to care about gardening. And it really got going that night when I called my mom and told her the news. I heard the laughter in the background from my stepdad, but his laugh wasn't nervous or panicked.

His laugh somehow conveyed "they are so screwed" and "this is going to be awesome" all in one guffaw.

And that pretty much sums up how we are feeling now. Nervous, excited, overwhelmed, but overall, very lucky. Plus, gotta love the efficiency, right?

So, without further ado, here is our first ultrasound photo from week 6:



Now we just need to come up with a name for the second baby. Maybe Bit and Blip? Blue wants to collectively call them Two Bits. We'll see what sticks.

3 comments:

  1. I like Two Bits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two bits is cute. How about Bumper & Thumper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, since we're getting geeky with the names...

    How about Quantum Entangled Pair? Or perhaps Qubits.

    Ya know, 'cause they say even twins separated at birth are often linked somehow. Not that your fish are splitting, just saying!

    ReplyDelete