Wednesday, July 10, 2013

He Said "Mama"!

Indigo wasn't feeling too hot today, probably because he got his shots yesterday. When I went to pick them up at daycare, Miss S was holding him in her lap, and he looked snuggly, sleepy, and sad. Poor kiddo.

Once we got home, we got down with them on the floor for some playtime before their bottle. Indigo started whining (probably because Periwinkle kept trying to steal the turtle from him). I reached out to him and he reached back, grabbing on to me, and as I picked him up he whimpered out the most pathetic "Mamama."

I was done for. Blue can attest that I got a little emotional. And while I realize that he probably had no idea that he was referring to me, the context of his first "Mama" was enough to melt me.

And then he started to cry. Needless to say, within three minutes of being put to bed, he was out cold. This is pretty rare for him, so we know he was wiped out.

So, moral of the story? I will likely be a complete pushover for a while once they start intentionally calling out for Mama.

In a much better mood yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment