Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Letter to Periwinkle at Seven Months

Dear Periwinkle,

I'm down to five months to plan your first birthday party. I want to make it awesome because you deserve it. You've come such a long, long way since that day in October. Instead of pulling my hair like you did then, you now grab onto my cheeks and squeeze. Or my neck. Or any part of me that you can grab. Sometimes you squeal as if yelling, "I got you!" But thanks for the tips on where I need to lose some fat. And the reminders to trim your fingernails.

I realized this month that you are not a snuggler. While your brother will just sink into you when you hold him, you push out with your hands, propping yourself up so you can look around. You are just so curious about everything around you that you don't have time for snuggles. That said, you still want to be held. A lot. You just want us to squire you about so you can look at everything and see all the colors and shapes that exist in the world. Relax, baby girl. Sometimes it's okay to cuddle.

Enjoying some yogurt


You are sitting up with the boppy supporting you, something that is a very recent development. You can sit up again after you tip a bit forward, so I know you are super close to sitting up all on your own. You still love to stand, and I can just see you want to do it on your own. You're close, baby girl. Don't rush it too much. I haven't babyproofed the house yet!

With Cousin M


You absolutely love your applesauce and bananas, and really enjoyed a tomato and a red pepper this month. Oatmeal still offends you, and I still don't blame you. I think we'll stop with that one for a while. Too many other yummy things to try!

You and Black Cat


You're sleeping so much better these days. You are usually the first to fall asleep at night, and you aren't waking up multiple times a night to chat. Daddy and I really appreciate that. You do still like to get up early and chat away, sometimes as early as 5:30am, like this morning. I am not ashamed to admit that part of me is glad you get up so early now, because I get to see your smile before I leave for work in the morning.


Sadly, you seem to have caught Indigo's cold. I'm glad you guys are sharing, but I wish he hadn't shared that. I am sorry your nose is so red and runny and I hope you feel better soon. You are doing really well at napping lately, so that should help.



This month Marisol at daycare put your hair in a little ponytail. I have no idea how she did it but it looked adorable. I'm sorry I can't seem to duplicate it, but I am on the lookout for barrettes so I can get your bangs out of your eyes. I did buy you a bathing suit. I'm so excited for you both to experience summer! You can hang out with me in the garden, smell the peonies I just planted, and feel the grass between your little toes. It's going to  be awesome.



Happy Seven Months, Periwinkle!

Love,
Mama




1 comment:

  1. OMG Peri has a bathrobe too! They are too effing adorable and I adore the ponytail!

    ReplyDelete