Friday, May 24, 2013

A Letter to Indigo at Seven Months

Dear Indigo,

We're now closer to your first birthday than to the day you were born. It scares me sometimes how fast time is flying, but it's so exciting seeing you reach milestones so I can't complain too much.

Within the last week or so, you've mastered rolling over. One time you and your sister rolled in opposite directions at the same time. Daddy and I just looked at each other, knowing this was just the beginning of the two of you on the move. I find you sleeping on your stomach most nights now, and last night you had your legs scrunched under you and your butt in the air. We marvel at how adorable you both are. Every night before bed I tiptoe into your room to give you a kiss and tell you you are perfect. Because to me, you always will be.


Always rolling now

That doesn't mean you'll be able to get away with pulling your sister's hair or smacking me in the face (well, for now you will because you don't know any better).

When I go to pick you up at daycare, many times you are in a bounceroo next to your buddy A and you both are smiling and chatting to each other. They say you are starting to give your sister the time of day now, which is good. She does adore you. I think she's a little sad she can't see you in your crib now the breathable bumpers are up, but when I pick her up in the morning and she catches sight of you in your crib she lights up. Never take her love for granted.

Tummy time is fun now!


You have been a rockstar at eating yogurt, applesauce, sweet potatoes, and bananas. You still hate oatmeal. You've also gnoshed on rice cakes, red peppers, and apples. Sometimes you get so excited for the food you don't even try to grab it. You just lean forward, aiming your mouth at it. It's a riot, but it's dangerous, so you need to remember to sit upright and eat slowly.

You can sit upright without outside support for a moment or two while leaning on your hands in front of you -- "tripodding." I'm excited for you to be able to sit on your own entirely so I can give you your stacking toys. I can't leave you on the couch anymore because you immediately start thumping your legs and you propel yourself to the edge.

After bathtime!
 You had bronchiolitis this month and have come through bravely, although you were not friends with the nebulizer. Unfortunately your sister now has a cold, but we're hoping she won't get bronchiolitis. You need to be quieter at bedtime so she can get her rest. You seem to be wanting more one-on-one time after we put you in your crib, so I'm caving and holding you for a few extra minutes after Periwinkle is asleep. Shhh! Don't let her know or she'll stay awake too.

We have three days this weekend to spend together and I'm so excited to take you to the local fair. It's a preview of our awesome summer to come! I bought you a bathing suit and a little hat to wear at the beach this summer. So many new things for you to see and learn about!

Happy seven months, little man. Don't let it go to your head, but you get cuter with every passing month.

Love, Mama



You reached for the phone and took your own picture!



1 comment:

  1. Aww, this is such a sweet letter and I love his bathrobe! OMG adorable! They are all growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete