Monday, August 13, 2012

25 Weeks!

How the heck did we get here? Isn't it still March? Aren't babies still kind of just a theoretical thing for Future Me to deal with?

Apparently not.

While the baby bump has been a gradual thing for me and so isn't quite as shocking as I thought it would be, as I go through pictures from our honeymoon (finally) in an attempt to choose some for an album, I realize how many pounds ago my normal size and shape was.

British Museum, London, 2010. Disclaimer: I did not actually touch the statue.

I look tiny! Granted, the angle helps with that, and I was about ten pounds heavier than this before I got preggo, but still. I still have that sweater and there's no way I'd fit into it now. But it does provide a nice goal photo for after babies!

Anyways. 25 weeks. This week the babies are cauliflowers! Which is pretty awesome because last winter I finally tried this weird-looking vegetable and found I love it! I'm a super picky eater, so this was a big step for me. (recipe: cut into little florets, put on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt and bake at like 400 degrees until your kitchen smells like heaven. They taste like french fries, I swear!)


Anyways. The babies could weigh up to 2.5 pounds each and are possibly 15 inches long. No wonder I have this belly! Or that I can feel them moving around a LOT lately. We'll find out their actual measurements tomorrow at their next growth scan. I also get to do the glucose screening for gestational diabetes. Awesome.

Around this point I might start having a hard time sleeping. Not so awesome. And I've already noticed an uptick in heartburn, a problem I had already and is now just getting worse. I drink a lot of milk in the middle of the night to soothe my esophagus, and it really does help.

One of these days I'll remember to take another countdown t-shirt photo, if the shirt still fits. Today is not that day.

Have a good week everyone! I'm off work until Thursday for some around-the-house chillaxing time and enjoying every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment